Velaa, your safe haven.
Dear guest, partner or friend,
Thank you for taking your time to read this. With the challenges faced from the Covid-19 pandemic, I am proud to say that Velaa managed to stay open and embrace the situation first hand to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and team members alike. We also took part in building our own laboratory to be able to conduct unlimited tests at ease simultaneously as we implemented strict safety measures for the island.
For your travel safety we have implemented the new measures as per below:
Prior to arrival:
- We require a negative PCR test from all guests (children below one year exempted), done a maximum of four days before departure to the Maldives and emailed to our reservations team.
- In terms of transfer to the island, our recommendations are either to arrive by our luxury yacht from Maafaru International Airport (for private jet travellers) or by private seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport, Male’.
- All our guests receive a quick doctor consultation upon arrival in combination with a rapid Covid-19 test, getting the result within a couple of minutes.
- If required, we are able to provide PCR tests from our own laboratory at Maafaru International Airport.
New cancellation policy:
- In the case of a Covid-19 related matter making travelling impossible, the stay will be held credited for an addition of two years.
New safety procedures for our team members:
- Before arriving to the island all team members needs to take a PCR test. This will be continued by quarantine stay of eight days outside the island, to be finalised with a rapid Covid-19 test upon arrival to Velaa.
We hope that you feel reassured that we are taking all the precautions needed to ensure your safety but also feel comfortable to enjoy your stay as freely as before.
For any questions or concerns, we are always available and do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.