Velaa, your safe haven.
Dear guest, partner or friend,
Thank you for taking your time to read this. With the challenges faced from the Covid-19 pandemic, I am proud to say that Velaa managed to stay open and embrace the situation first hand to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and team members alike. We also took part in building our own laboratory to be able to conduct unlimited tests at ease simultaneously as we implemented strict safety measures for the island.
For your travel safety we have implemented the new measures as per below:
Prior to arrival:
- We require a negative PCR test from all guests (children below one year exempted), done a maximum of 96 hours before departure to the Maldives and emailed to our reservations team, however tests made 48 hours prior to departure are recommended.
- PCR reports indicating negative results for COVID-19 inclusive of official Dr's stamp must be emailed to Resort Reservations prior to departure from home destination.
- In terms of transfer to the island, our recommendations are either to arrive by our luxury yacht from Maafaru International Airport (for private jet travellers) or by private seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport, Male’.
- All our guests receive a quick doctor consultation upon arrival in combination with a rapid Covid-19 test, getting the result within a couple of minutes (children below 3 years are exempted).
- If required, we are able to provide PCR tests from our own laboratory at Maafaru International Airport.
New cancellation policy:
- In the case of a Covid-19 related matter making travelling impossible, the stay will be held credited for an addition of two years.
We hope that you feel reassured that we are taking all the precautions needed to ensure your safety but also feel comfortable to enjoy your stay as freely as before.
For any questions or concerns, we are always available and do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.